I have been thinking about what to do with this blog when I go into labor and during the precious few weeks following the birth of our baby. I know that my readers will completely understand a maternity break from blogging; but at the same time I am hesitant to put this site into hiatus mode, even if for a week.
I have started to compile a list of posts that can be pre-written and scheduled to go up at any time. However, I also know that there is no way to predict how much time I may need away (I may not need any time off at all), or if I can provide enough material to sustain my “at least one post per day” blogging goal.
So I have decided to open the doors and invite those who may be interested in guest-blogging at Geek in Heels to step forward.
You do not need to have a current blog, or even have any experience blogging to apply. And I will not reject any submissions unless what you write is way deviant from my usual topics, or against my values and morals. You are free to write about anything, but here are the topics I have been devoting the majority of my posts to for the past few months:
- pictures, videos, and anecdotes from the web/social media
- motherhood and/or parenting
- art & design
- personal musings
Again, you do not need to stick to these topics, and suggestions are always welcome.
What will you get out of guest-blogging? Unfortunately, I cannot offer much in return besides my eternal gratitude and exposure on this blog. All guest bloggers will be permitted a picture, a short bio, and link(s) to their own sites. As for how much exposure you will receive, here are some stats on geekinheels.com:
- In the past few months, the number of unique visitors to this site have fluctuated between 30,000-50,000 per month.
- According to Squarespace’s handy website stats tool, I have well over 1,000 subscribers to this blog.
- My Google PageRank is 3.
- My Alexa Traffic Rank changes day to day, but I hover between 160,000-200,000 worldwide and am usually in the 130,000-150,000 range for the U.S.
- I am featured in Rice Bowl Journals’ The List, which features “the most prolific and talented Asian bloggers on web.”
As most bloggers know, guest blogging is one of the best ways to get your name out there and acquire new readers. And speaking from my personal experience, sometimes guest blogging outside your niche can be surprisingly beneficial and even help bring in even more readers, as you will be exposed to a new audience, fresh ideas and challenges.
If you are interested, just shoot an email to jenny(at)geekinheels(dot)com. Or, you can fill out my contact form.