(I’m always reading and learning the most interesting things on the web but I can never keep track of them all! So I’ve decided to add this new feature to my blog: every Wednesday, I will highlight the top 10 interesting things I’ve read in the past week. Let me know how you like it.)
Welcome to the first installment of Hump Day Hook-Ups! Here’s what’s been keeping the geek laughing, rolling her eyes, or très excitée this week:
- Knicks assent to several demands to get Walsh, ESPN. I’ve had a renewed hope for my boys ever since the rumors about Walsh surfaced…and today, they finally made it official!
- April Fools’ Alert #3: Legend of Zelda movie by IGN, Joystiq. There were some very good April Fools’ Day pranks/jokes this year (including one pulled on a certain someone by many of his friends on Facebook…hehe, ask me about it!) but this has to be my favorite. I really wish they were coming out with this movie!
- Friday Fun: Watch Star Wars in Text via Telnet, Lifehacker. Don’t you love it when some other obsessed geek takes the time and dedication to create something so creative yet obvious, à la “D’oh! Why didn’t I think of that?”
- Metareview — Ninja Gaidan: Dragon Sword, Joystiq. The new Ninja Gaidan’s been getting some sweet reviews. Me must purchase! (As soon as I get some time to start gaming seriously again, that is.)
- Life-Size Star Wars Droids Can Speak, Drain Wallets, Gizmodo. R2-D2’s my favorite Star Wars character…need I say more?
- Your First Taste of Bruno, Perez Hilton. Are you a Borat fan? Sasha Baron Cohen is at it again, but this time as Bruno, a gay Austrian. Perez brings you some hilarious footage that was taken by a passerby.
- Brilliant 404 Pages, Neatorama. There’s good web design, then there’s good AND clever web design. I love how these websites have taken something seemingly as trivial as a 404 page and turned them into pure brilliance.
- BlackBerry 9000 First Impressions, Boy Genius Report. BGR gives a short but precise report on the new, highly anticipated Crackberry model.
- Adobe launches Photoshop for the web, LifeClever. This has to be the biggest design-related news of the past week. While the online version isn’t as comprehensive as the original (no layers!), the flash-based version of the app is FREE, and from reviews, not too shabby.
- Mario Kart launch trailers are comprehensive, Nintendo Wii Fanboy. Can’t wait till it comes out!