As mentioned at the bottom of yesterday’s post, I was away all day yesterday at a showcase for work…then I drank two beers and got sick. Weak sauce! I humbly apologize and will do my very best to make it up to you.
- The Woman Who Stuck Out Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig, mental_floss. I’m not that into baseball, so I had never heard of this woman. However, reading her story made my chest swell up in pride…then instantly deflate as anger took over. Imagine if sexism wasn’t so rampant then, or if this woman had been born today. What a difference she could’ve made!
- Mayor Bloomberg Makes His Third Term Limits Pitch, Gothamist. Bloomberg is pushing for a bill that will allow him to run for a third term. With his financial background, many are saying that he can only help with the city’s financial crisis. I always get a bit giddy when I see Bloomberg on the news, because he’s a Hopkins alum and J was in the same fraternity as him…they even drank beer together when he returned one year for alumni weekend!
- Nintendo announces new Nintendo DSi with dual cameras, Boy Genius Report.
As far as I can tell, the biggest change are the two cameras. Am I the
only one not too excited about this announcement? Most people have
cameras on their cell phones and carry around separate digital cameras.
- MTA Unveils First Ad-Wrapped Subway, Gothamist. As ugly and distracting the ads may be, I support this initiative as it will raise over $125 million.
- The 10 Most Stupidly Accurate South Park Song Parodies, Best Week Ever. I swear I was going to write this list! It was in my head – I just never got around to it! Alas, BWE beats me to it due to my laziness.
- Why Worry? An Earthquake Will Wipe Us Out Anyway, Curbed. NYC is overdue for a big one – the city can expect a magnitude 5 earthquake sometime in the near future! I wonder what this will do for real estate prices…
- Terminal Tips: Play Tetris in Terminal, TUAW. Reason #52984 why Macs are superior!
- Leica Family Tree, OnTakingPictures. Leica porn! I love it!
- Tyler Durden’s 8 Rules of Innovation, Lateral Action. Inspiring words of wisdom for the sexy, unpredictable, fearless, and innovative alter ego in all of us.
- Transformers 2 Will Be Shot in IMAX, Get Ready for Five-Story Transformers, Gizmodo. See ginormous robots be smashed, mashed, and blown up in “the only screen size truly worthy of Michael Bay.”
- Library Card Catalog Organization! Stinkerpants. I am so, sooo jealous! As much as I love computers and technology, I love old library card catalogs and am greatly saddened to see them disappear from libraries across the country.
- March Madness-Style Bracket Makes Bank Mergers Fun, Consumerist. Creative black humor. It’s sad, but it’s also neat to see it all laid out in a visual format.