Star Wars – Episode III, Revenge of the Sith was on TV earlier tonight. Although this must be my twentieth time watching the most bearable of the prequel trilogy, I couldn’t help but feel chills running down my spine during a particular scene.
I then delved deep into my memory banks for the most chilling moments in movies. Not necessarily scary, but chill-inducing. There are some lines that will never cease to cause goosebumps, no matter how many times you’ve watched that movie – don’t you agree?
So I present to you, my top 5 picks for the most chilling lines in movies:
5. “You’re going to need a bigger boat.” – Brody, Jaws
4. “I am home.” – Dr. Weir, Event Horizon (aka the scariest movie of the ’90s)
3. “They mostly come out at night, mostly.” – Newt, Aliens (also parodied by South Park )
2. “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.” – [written by] Jack, The Shining
1. “Execute Order 66.” – Palpatine, Star Wars: Episode III
Can you think of any chilling lines that should be included on this list?