I actually have many thoughts on it.
However, I’m bitter.
Why so bitter, you ask? Because J, the big Google man, has had one for a while now, but forbid me to write anything about it.
Then, on Monday, he had the balls to say to me, “You can write about the G1 tomorrow, if you want.”
“Tomorrow” was October 22, the official launch day. When anyone could get it.
So, my friends, I refuse to write about it just to spite him.
And yes, our relationship is healthy and mature like that.
On to the links!
- Students Competing For Slots At Elite Colleges Resorting to “Facebook Sabotage” ReadWriteWeb. I feel sorry for kids these days. I really do. In fact, I’m pretty certain that if I were a pimply 18-year-old applying to colleges right now, I wouldn’t be accepted to half the schools that gave me the okay ten years ago. HOLY CRAP THAT WAS TEN YEARS AGO?!? Wow I feel old…
- The Art of the Jack-O-Lantern: More than just a pretty face! mental_floss Blog. I’ve decided to make up my own awards for these pumpkins. Scariest: Predator. Coolest: Death Star. Funniest: World of Warcraft! “How do you kill that which has no life?” Hehehehe…
- Scientists Discover New State of Matter, Could Be Used To Upgrade Microchips, Gizmodo. I’m still a bit confused by this. I mean, more powerful chips to keep Moore’s Law going – yay! But isn’t a 3D electron crystal still a solid?
- Seoul’s Banpo Bridge Turns into Gigantic Fountain, Puts NYC’s Waterfalls to Shame, Gizmodo. Giz declares the bridge a combination of the NYC Waterfalls and the Bellagio fountains, but “somehow better than both.” You know why Koreans do everything better? Because Korea’s got Seoul! Get it? Har har har!
- House Members Vote for iPhone Adoption, Wired Gadget Blog. The country’s on the brink of an economic collapse, and thousands of Americans are losing their homes. And what does the government do? Try to use our tax money to get the latest “it” gadget in their paws. And let’s not forget the potential security issues, people.
- Beautiful Examples of Moleskin Art, Smashing Magazine. I’ve been known to scribble on my Moleskin, but my doodles are nowhere near these masterpieces. Wow.
- Dirty Dancing All The Way To Broadway! Perez Hilton. We have two copies of Dirty Dancing in the house, because J has a copy from his bachelor days too! And whenever we hear “(I’ve Had) The Time of My Life,” J insists on trying to lift me at the end. So yeah. If Dirty Dancing comes to Broadway we’ll be all over that like white on rice.
- California Is Due For A Katrina-Style Disaster, Wired Science. First we hear that NYC is due for a 5+ earthquake. Now they’re saying San Fran is expected to be wiped out soon too! What would happen if they came at the same time?
- The Ultimate Collection Of Useful Photoshop Actions, Smashing Magazine. I *heart* Photoshop actions – they’re perfect for lazy bums like myself! Here’s a phenomenal collection for your image-editting pleasure!
- 27 Best Places You Should Visit To Get Incredible Web Design Inspiration! Smashing Apps. Sometimes, you can squeeze all you want but not one drop of inspiration will ooze out of your noggin. Here are some inspirational resources for those er-duh moments.
- JAL’s new Economy sear wins Good Design Award, Core77. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that these will become the industry standard for economy class seats. And you should, too.
- Go Local for Custom Letterpress Work On-the-Cheap, Lifehacker. Do my eyes deceive me? Sub-$1 custom letterpress cards? Sign me up, mate!