David Tate has penned for McSweeney’s a “More Engaging Copy for The Ten Commandments” — restyled in the way of the insufferable headlines of sites like Upworthy. The results are amusingly click-worthy, to say the least. 😉
You won’t believe what God said to this man…
- What You Need to Know Now About the Lord Totally Being God
- At the Beginning He Had Me Confused, But by Minute Two I Knew That I Shouldn’t Have Other Gods.
- Are You Making This Common Mistake with Graven Images?
- How I Work: Read This Life Hack from God Your Only Creator.
- She Admitted to Doing What Every Sunday?
- Seven Morning Habits of People Holier Than You: #7 No Killing Before Lunch.
- 37 Things in Your Bedroom That You Need to Get Rid of Right Now, Like Adulteresses.
- What the Government Doesn’t Want You to Know About Stealing Your Neighbors Servants.
- This Little Girl Bore False Witness and the Results Will Shock You.
- Doctors Hate Her But You Shouldn’t Covet Her.
Can you think of better clickbait headlines for the Ten Commandments?
This is hysterical! I can’t stand those headlines. Found your blog while searching for an alternative to LinkWithin. Thanks for the nRelate recommendation even though you wrote it 2 years ago! 🙂